Saturday, May 31, 2014

Saturday May 31


I had an awesome day off today. I mean, there's always room for improvement but I just got a lot done and cooked and ate ok and saw some friends and it just had a lot of things I wanted in a day off.

Intake
Shredded wheat with banana and blueberries
Tofu scramble
Apple
No bake energy bites x2.5
Vegan orange chicken, rice, veggies
Beer x2

Activity
Walked my dog, helped a friend move but just a bit, hardly enough to count, and I did some shopping. Not intentional activity but my feet were still sore at the end of the day.

Hydration
42 oz right now, I'm planning on another 14 when I'm done with this post

Thoughts
I find it EXTREMELY challenging to spend a day off and finish the day with the sense that it went well. I always have more that I wish I could have finished, but when I'm overwhelmed I sort of sink into TV watching and other lazy things and end the day disappointed in myself. But today I had plans to helps friends move at 8, so that let me sleep in but still get up and be productive. And we spent lots of the day working on the house, bought a mattress, did grocery shopping, plus I bought a really gorgeous eyeshadow palette from one of my favorite companies - Pacifica, it's vegan and cruelty-free. 

I'm sad to be going back to work already tomorrow but that's real life.

Xoxo little birds

3 comments:

  1. i'm glad that today sounds like a good day. you've had a rough few days, girlie, but you're a tough cookie!
    that actually sounds like something i'll be able to relate to. the last bit. spending the day off and finish the day with the sense that things went well. this is mostly related to studying for me. if i have lectures to do, i can't mentally rest until they're all complete. now it's the start of summer and i've just felt so...strange in terms of it all! i don't know what to do to be productive, so i'm just not going to be. and i don't have a reason to be guilty because i genuinely have nothing to do. i just don't like feeling lazy as well.

    -Sam Lupin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a very productive day off :)
    you know.. sometimes it is just OK to be lazy.. You should be able to have a lazy day and enjoy it.. Life can be so busy, so from time to time it's just OK to be lazy and just do nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! wish you could have more of these days off in a row! but yes, such is life. Hope you are rested and revived for your day back at work :]
    side note: I was at the grocery store and saw larabar and thought, "Erin always mentions these, think I'll give a few a try"
    First thing I did was check ingredient list...OMG where have these been all my life! Fantastic! I love them... The end haha
    Take care darling, much love xx

    ReplyDelete