Saturday, May 24, 2014

Stranger


I went for a short run both yesterday and the day before and I feel like a complete stranger in my body. 

It's been several months since I last exercised regularly, I've put on 10 pounds in the past year. I feel wobblier, softer, weaker, I am sometimes startled by the sight of my thighs or the way my stomach rolls. If I guessed I would say it looks like I've put on even more than I have, some of which is probably because it's more fat and less muscle. 

I've been uncomfortable for a while and there's a large part of wardrobe I can't wear because it doesn't fit, but I felt it come to a caricature of weight gain yesterday while I was running. 

I was wearing a nice Lululemon running shirt but despite the cut and coverage I felt like the weight on my hips and stomach might wobble so hard it would stretch the rest if me, like taffy stretching and pulling and landing on the ground.

I'm riding in the car right now on my weekend trip so I have a moment to think and I guess I'm just worried because I've never successfully lost weight while actually eating enough. 

But these past few days I think I've been reasonable, listening to my hunger, getting active. I just want to keep being healthy and reasonable, in a way that allows me to go down 10 pounds back to a healthy happy weight for me. 

And I really don't want to count calories, but idk if I can both eat enough and not too much without it.

:/

Xoxo little birds

4 comments:

  1. Ah yes that's tough, and an easy thing to slip back into. If you think counting will help I say go for it but cautiously.
    Just remember that there are other ways to track your food amount than by numbers and feeling hunger. Listen to your muscles, watch your skin, how tired/not tired you feel ect your body will show when you need something nutritionally and not just for the need to eat and satisfy hunger.
    Aim for being healthy, the weight will fall into place on it's own. (Wich I think you're doing great) ok lecture over :]
    Have a wonderful trip/weekend! Don't worry too much, take care.
    All my love xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. As for not wanting to count calories, I know that some people in recovery use a method where you track how many serves of grains, fruits, veggies, protein, fats and dairy you have each day. I'm not to sure on the details like how to calculate how many serves of each you need or how much a 'serve' exactly is, but it might be worth looking into.
    I hope you can find a healthy way to feel comfortable in your own skin. Take care lovely <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that actually might be a really good idea for me. Thanks so much for the suggestion, if I find a good way to do it I'm sure you'll see me post about it. Thanks again.

      Delete