Thursday, May 22, 2014

Thursday


I don't know what to title these daily posts so I'm just going with the day of the week.

This morning when I got out of bed I had this sort of welty scratch on my leg and my first thought was "oh my gosh is that a sex injury?" But then I realized its equally possible I sustained it walking into the corner of my bed.

Intake
Water/coffee
Smoothie
Apple
Vegan quesadilla (yes 2 days in a row it's just so dang good), banana
Soy London Fog (like an earl grey tea latte)
3 carrots w/ hummus
Larabar Uber
Dinner out at a brewery: simple green salad with herb vinaigrette, roasted balsamic Brussels sprouts -amazing

Activity
25 min run
Few mins Pilates/strength

Hydration
I think I hit all the way to the magic 64 oz. today of water. 
Also no alcohol today. Not that it's so unusual to have a day without a drink, but I have had 1 on most days in the past couple weeks. When the weather turned hot I just felt like nothing sounded better than a beer in the early evening with the sun streaming in.

Thoughts
I felt weird about having the extra Larabar as a snack today because I kind of plan on 1-3 snacks but not more and that was a fourth. However, that snack limit is just supposed to give me a reasonable range so I don't get hungry between meals and since I had waited plenty of time from the previous snack and tried drinking 12 oz of water first, I felt it was a victory to make the choice to eat that since it was real hunger I was feeling. I was also super proud of getting out and running even though it was slow and not very far because I haven't gone in ages.

How was your day?

Xoxo little birds

2 comments:

  1. "I think it seems like a good change to try-it is all just an experiment trying to figure out what works best." very much so! just have to find out water works

    __

    sex injury. i like the sound of this. :P
    Soy London Fog <--that sounds pretty cool actually.
    i'd never think a dinner like that is amazing. never choose it. but that's just me. i know i should but i never do. instead, i like the things that i shouldn't be having.
    honestly, if you're actually hungry, then do actually eat. that's when eating is okay. when you're actually hungry rather than just being bored. and it's not like you ate a truckfull of them, hmm? good job, Erin. xx
    my day just started. it's 9.25AM and i've not done any work. seems like a productive day so far :P

    -Sam Lupin

    ReplyDelete
  2. "oh my gosh is that a sex injury?" Lol, I love it.
    You went to a brewery for dinner and didn't drink? Now that's dedication. I don't think there's anything wrong with an extra snack when you need one, especially considering your other snacks were quite light.
    Take care hun <3 xx

    ReplyDelete