Monday, June 23, 2014

Sunday June 22


Back to work today. I thought the weekend would feel a little longer but I was so tired all the time I just basically ate and napped.

Intake
Tofu breakfast hash
Portobello burger
Few chips
Pretzels, veg with hummus
Banana blueberry smoothie

Activity
Walk to work

Hydration
30ish oz.

Thoughts
I have the rest of this shift and 2 more and then I'm done with wards for the month. I'm pretty excited but I do feel like these next couple days are really standing in my way. I've been trying to think about ways to enjoy my life more right now without always waiting for the next break but it's really hard. I'm trying to think of moments to pause and be grateful:

1. Lying in bed in the cool morning with the fan on at the end of my shift.
2. Opening my jar of juice or smoothie
3. Petting my dog who's always happy to see me no matter the time of day
4. Putting on my scrubs and how comfortable they are

Ok that's a few. I'll keep trying.

Xoxo little birds

2 comments:

  1. ah. it feels that way, doesn't it? when you have to work a lot or do a lot - feels like you're just counting days until you're free again. or just hoping to bear this day or that.
    that's a good few! good job, Erin darling x
    i think for me, when a long day is ahead, i think about how fast the days go by. they genuinely do for me. the actual day takes forever, but it seems like a week disappears under my notice. i like that.

    -Sam Lupin

    ReplyDelete
  2. petit oiseau, where have you gone?
    Hope everything is well my dear. Much love xx

    ReplyDelete