Thursday, June 5, 2014

Thursday June 5


I'm kinda old. Not old, but older than some of you teenage whippersnappers and I finished high school 9 years ago, college 5 years ago, grad school 1 year ago.

Lectures are different now to me than they were when I was in school full time. They're still an occasional part of my training but my perspective has changed.

I used to have a much higher tolerance for lectures that didn't completely hold my interest. When they were my whole life and I didn't have much to do but go to lecture I feel like it was easier to just take notes or study during lecture. 

Now that I'm in my dream job if feel like I have much higher standards for my time. If a lecture isn't useful to me I try to be respectful, but I also value my time a lot more. I'll leave, or start working on something else, because I'm trying to be my best and when something isn't useful, I need to respect myself enough to not waste my time.

Ok that's just what lecture today got me thinking about.

Intake
Smoothie
Veggie sandwich, fries
2 fried zucchini slices
Popcorn
Beer x2, bugs bunny (that's vodka+carrot juice - no I didn't make it up google it it's real :)
Apricot x2
Few grape tomatoes
2 carrots with hummus

Activity
Walking to work. As usual, that's it :)

Hydration
Not really sure - I was super thirsty at work today but didn't have time to go get water. I think it might have been as low as like 25 oz. The alcohol didn't count obviously.

Thoughts
I'm currently watching some trashy reality TV and pretty soon I'm going to get some naked time with my man before we pass out for the night. I'm tired all the time - as I've been talking about, but since I'm relaxed right now I guess I'm happy. 

Love you all, be good

Xoxo little birds

2 comments:

  1. whippersnappers. i'd hate to say anything just in case i die of blushing. i'm still in my teens, but next year, i'll enter the big 20. i'm crying already. i'm not ready to be older than 19.
    that's interesting. i'm at that "lectures is everything" part of med school. i'm still very early on. i think i don't have rotations for a very, very long time (or so it seems to me - time passes as it is - sand in an hourglass).
    bugs bunny did other people ruin my child hood omg
    your hydration is still better than mine.
    enjoy your night. sounds goooooood in my opinion x ;D

    -Sam Lupin

    ReplyDelete
  2. did I mention I'm turning 32 this September?? That makes me the oldie here doesn't it? :P

    ReplyDelete