Friday, June 13, 2014

Friday June 13


Today at work was pretty rough. I cried in front of a patient which is embarrassing as hell, but worse I cried out of frustration and also because she said a series of things including "are you a real doctor? How long have you been here? You don't know the answers to any of these questions." And the truth is I was mad for her because I didn't agree with the plan and I couldn't explain it because it wasn't a good plan and I got pretty upset and then she was mean to me even though I was on her side and I lost it a little.

It's been a really awful time for me overall at work and I'm ready to just say screw it. If I didn't have so much debt I would probably quit.

Intake
Smoothie
Salad, pretzels with hummus
Banana
Quinoa stir fry
Beer

Activity
Walk to work. That's it.

Hydration
Had a nice tall Smartwater today - it really is awesome tasting water. Total about 40 oz.

Thoughts
So work was pretty bad and I'm dreading going back tomorrow. I'm tired and a little bit angry and I don't feel like me. But it is nice to have visitors and I just need to lay this day to rest.

Xoxo little birds





1 comment:

  1. happens in the workforce my dear. it'll keep on happening. i'm sorry it had to be today. perhaps it's because it's Friday the 13th and bad luck and whatnot?
    shhhh. remember darling - at some point in time, this is what you wanted. though hearing your dissatisfaction makes me want to pull out of med school myself.
    yes. all you need is some rest, no matter how little to prepare you for tomorrow. time will pass x

    -Sam Lupin

    ReplyDelete