Sunday, October 27, 2013

I Don't Know Why I'm Awake


I have no idea why I'm awake. 

There's 45 minutes left of my birthday, but I fell asleep like 3 hours ago and just woke up like it was a nap - but it's late - I want to sleep for 5 more hours and then go to the gym and be up for the day.

I don't want to be awake right now.

But I thought since I am I'd write an update from my goals.

I posted them super early morning 2 days ago, and then fell asleep and slept for 8 hours, which was awesome.

A. Food: been going pretty well. I've made healthy choices and not binged in 2 whole days and I feel way better. 3 meals and 1 snack has pretty much been the past couple days.

On Saturday I made vegan vodka pasta:



Then for my birthday we went out to a vegan/vegetarian Indian place


It was so quality and filling, I ate the cup of dal and only about half the dosa. Leftovers for a healthy lunch later.

And for birthday dessert I split this coconut cake with J.


It tasted like whole, quality food and I was thinking about how I've really been not treating my body to that.

Alcohol wise I had a 10 oz tiny beer when we went out with friends on Saturday. It was a great choice because I had to work at 6:30 the next morning and didn't feel the least affected.


Water wise I did awesome on Saturday - 64 oz. but today when I went into work I realized I don't ever drink there. I probably still got in 6+ glasses because we went on a hike and I was chugging it but I probably needed even more.

In fact that might be why I woke up, I feel thirsty.

B. Exercise: on Saturday I did a spot of yoga and carried really heavy grocery bags a long way to the car. I guess it counts. And then today we went on a 2 hour afternoon hike. One of my fitness goals I'm adding is to hike this whole trail: it's a 3,000 foot elevation change starting at 7,000 feet and it's 16-18 miles round trip.


But just the 2 hours felt great.

The goal of course is to get to the gym in 4.5 hrs, but if I can't go back to sleep, that may not happen.

C. Studying: haven't really implemented this one yet, since Saturday is a day of rest and Sunday was my birthday, I decided to start with Monday.

D. Relationships: went out with friends on Saturday which was great. My mom didn't call me on my birthday :( Also had some great sex both of the last 2 days. Not doing so well with the spiritual goals - I think I need to figure out a more reliable routine.

E. Fun: doing ok with this. I definitely felt the too much tv slothdom creeping in on Saturday so I'm still open to hobby suggestions. Haven't done any reading or knitting. Well see how the weekday goes with a tv limit.

And thanks so much Eve for your comment on last post. :)

Okay, have to try sleeping or morning is going to be awful. 

Love you pretty birds.





2 comments:

  1. Ugh, waking up in the middle of the night like that sucks. Hope you managed to get back to sleep.

    It sounds like you're making good progress on your goals, and that Indian food looks amazing. I know I always feel better about myself when I eat whole, good quality foods and drink plenty of water. And that hiking trail sounds awesome, and the view is lovely. 7,000ft might be a tad high for me though!

    As for hobby suggestions, I'm a huge fan of anything crafty, though it sounds like you've got one with knitting. If you feel like a sloth watching TV, maybe you could try knitting at the same time? I do most of my tv watching while sewing.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had a great birthday! I'm not vegan but they really do have some good food!
    Hiking sounds like a ton of fun as well. I wish I had more time to do stuff like that.
    You're doing really great! Don't let yourself get discouraged!
    <3

    ReplyDelete