Sunday, October 20, 2013

Church

I went to church today for the first time in a long time. I've been working most weekends so I haven't been able to go.

I think reconnecting with my spiritual beliefs makes me feel like there's hope for all the things I'm struggling with. Sometimes I feel like I can't do this on my own and then I remember I don't have to. 

When I took communion I didn't worry about how many calories were in it, and even though I've been having a hard time I have to remember I have made progress in my recovery.


My church now actually meets in a school, but this is the cathedral in Segovia from a few years ago when I lived in Spain. I love all the beautiful churches in Europe, they just make you feel so peaceful.

1 comment:

  1. Church has always been a safe place for me. The idea that someone loves me so much, despite my flaws, that He died for me always blows me away. Love is a healing thing. Powerful. I hope you find what you need, dear.
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete