Friday, October 25, 2013

Goals!

I've always been one for writing down my goals and making lists.


Even if I never look at it again, I think it just helps take the overwhelming out of my head and make it finite.

So that is the purpose of this post. I'm going to be as specific as possible because I want to be able to gauge whether I'm succeeding, and I think the result might be a lot of changes in a lot of areas so I don't want to get overwhelmed but I AM going to try all of it.

A. Food
- 3 meals and 1-3 healthy snacks per day. Vegan. No unplanned meals or snacks to avoid that feeling of "ruining" the day and causing a binge.
- Bake and ship something to my sisters in next 2 weeks
- Meal plan and grocery shop at beginning of week
- Calorie counting is okay but not required - goal of minimum net 1300. Max maintenance 1700 on no activity day.
- Dessert 2x max per week (weeks start Mondays) and must be planned
- Take vitamins (calcium, vit d, b complex)
- Drink at least 48 oz (6 cups) of water each day
- Alcohol: Meet recommendations for healthy consumption for women - no more than 7 drinks per week, no more than 3 drinks at a time

B. Exercise 
- Go to the gym before work M-F. One of those days may be home workout day.
- Minimum 30 mins preferred but a 10 min sun salutation is always better than nothing
- Recreational activity OR gym on weekends: run outdoors, biking, hiking, skiing, yoga etc.
- Objective parameters: Resting heart rate below 60 (currently 64), run a mile in 8 minutes by December 31
- If a morning gets skipped, try to do something in the evening. If a day gets skipped, go the next and do not be defeated

C. Studying
- Spend 15-20 mins each evening studying
- This is dedicated time. No reading in front of the TV.
- 7 practice questions per week
- 1 module every 2 weeks until completed 36

D. Relationships
- Spiritual: Start each day with a verse and prayer
- Go to small group each week unless actually working (not feeling like it = not an excuse)
- Spend time each day with J that is focused, without TV etc. Walking dog or 10+ mins unplugged.
- More sex. 4/week minimum

E. Fun
- Pick up knitting again
- Read 1 book for fun before December
- Schedule something with friends outside work at least once every 2 weeks
- Make tentative plans on days off to avoid accidentally spending the whole day in the house
- Limit TV: 1 show per weekday (less than an hour). No limit for weekends for now.
    Shows: Vampire Diaries, Greys Anatomy, Pretty Little Liars. Others with J. 

While I'll be monitoring my size based on clothes and maybe weighing myself (and updating you) weight is not one of the goals on this list. If I do these things I'll start to feel awesome, and that's more important. That said, based on past experience, I'm probably 10 pounds above where I feel comfortable right now. In being "recovered" from purging and doing ok with restricting i really haven't conquered the binging and I've put on weight in the past year, so that's something I really need to work on.

And that's it.

Do you have any suggestions for me? Especially in the area of fun I feel like I've really stagnated in the last couple years - new hobbies I should try?


1 comment:

  1. I think these are great goals! Just don't get too discouraged and work up.

    Fun? What's fun? haha just kidding but really, I feel like it's so hard to have any guilt free fun in college because of all the work there is to do. I really enjoy lifting weights so for that hour I'm working out I'm having fun. It's also a huge confidence builder. Ummmm I also like watching a movie now and then, going for drinks with friends, just hanging out and talking with friends in general, little things like that. I would absolutely love to have time to read fun books :'(.

    I think when it comes to the food section the desserts one is my hardest... Stuff is kryptonite. If it happens though, don't be so hard on yourself. If you want to drink, drink. If you don't that week, don't. Sometimes all we need is a bottle of wine and a night to get super drunk and then maybe no drinking for weeks after that.
    I like your exercise one and studying is the hard one for me to stick to. I just get so bored!
    Relationships, yes. I've been slacking with mine with God. Relationships in general are good for the stresses of life.
    Don't worry about your clothes either if you feel okay. Some of my clothes fit tighter now but it's because I lift and I'm getting more muscular. I also weigh more. It's all about if you feel good and they're tighter or looser because of what you're doing. I'm positive that you are beautiful regardless but I know how frustrating it can feel.

    ReplyDelete