Sunday, January 2, 2011

Finally Back!

Well, happy 2011 loves!

Seems like it arrived kind of fast. I'm not really ready for class/studying/real life tomorrow. Who is right? I mean really, I don't think I've said "Oh my gosh I'm so excited to start school and not be on break anymore" like, ever, in my life. When I left home, this was the view from my window:
It snows the day I leave?! Needless to say, I was sad to go.

Here's the airport tarmac on my way to my gate. Sort of peaceful considering how many people cross over it in planes every day.

And now I'm back. It's been a great weekend with my boyfriend. He bought me an Anthropologie dress for Christmas! It's called Awaiting Wings Dress:
Maybe I'll put up one of me wearing it in a while. Have I ever mentioned I LOVE Anthropologie? Love.

 2 bottles of champagne + me + him + my house alone = Good times in every room :) But to business:

I promised a current weight: 121.4 pounds. That's up 8 pounds from 2 weeks ago. I'm not sure how that's possible, but it's been consistent over 3 days of normal/healthy eating, so I'm accepting it as real. Apparently the binging over break was even more dramatic than I wanted to admit to myself.

BUT I am ready for some routine and predictability in my food and exercise. In that way, I'm excited to be back. I find I'm way more likely to binge when I can't plan well.

So first, the recent successes:
1. I've succeeded in not eating desserts. I have been craving sweet things, but I'm in the process of transitioning my cravings to fruit or soy yogurt. It feels good.
2. My boyfriend committed to running the half marathon with me in April, so I'm excited to be able to share that with him.
3. I've cooked some really delicious (quasi-healthy) things recently. Most notably, for New Year's Eve dinner my boyfriend and I cooked california rolls (with carrot, cucumber and avocado) and - unpictured - Japanese miso stew. It was awesome. Here's the rolls; boyfriend rolled this one. Mine were not so pretty. That's pickled ginger on the side, and we dipped them in soy sauce. Yum.

We also made this incredible Pumpkin Baked Ziti from Veganomicon. You would swear there's cheese in it. I'm telling you, if you're thinking you'd miss cheese if you went vegan - no - buy this book and go for it haha. I'm eating more delectably than ever. 

I missed you loves and I've enjoyed finally catching up on your posts this evening. Lets have good weeks.


4 comments:

  1. i love california rolls i haven't had sushi in ages. i looked up the recipe for ziti and it looks alright, might have to give that one a go. think i'll be purchasing that cook book as well, i need more ideas for cooking with vegetables this year, so thanks for that :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh yay your back!!! =)
    that dress looks so gorgeous, your boyfriend has good taste lol
    hopefully with your marathon training and being back on you normal schedule you'll get back to where you want to be. the best of luck my dear. looking forward to seeing more posts <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, that sushi looks delicious. Super jealous.
    I love anthropologie! I just bought some plates there called ladies-in-waiting dinner plates, they're adorable

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg sushi. I love sashimi

    Good luck at school! Congrats on your successes :)

    ReplyDelete