Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ten Fun Things for My Lovelies

Thanks to both Amber and GraceyJ, I've been nominated to tell you a few things about, well, me. So here goes:

1. I grew up on a tree farm in the country in the Western U.S.
The view west from our house.

2. I was a cheerleader through all 4 years of high school, as a flyer, and senior year I broke my ankle when I got dropped. My cast was pink. 

3. If my entire wardrobe came from J. Crew and Anthropologie I'd probably think I'd landed in heaven. 


4. I love cookbooks. Buying an ingredient I've never used before is great and I love planning new meals. 
These were a Christmas present. From me, to myself.

5. I lived for 4 months in Madrid, Spain. I loved it.
La Mancha, like Don Quixote.

6. I love wind. It's my favorite kind of weather. When things are windy, it's like anything's possible.

7. I have three younger sisters: 20, 17 and 15. They're more important than I can even say. 

8. Someday I want to own a dog like this:
Yorkshire Terrier. My boyfriend and I have our eye on one as a "trial baby." Maybe in like 2 years.

9. I've had poison oak more times than I want to count. Avoid those shiny leaves my lovelies, it's awful. 

10. I like to write really cheesy poems:
I started writing about my life
I didn't think anyone would care
Then I found these wonderful people
It's like things are suddenly fair
So my loves I'm so glad you're around,
Thanks for everything you've done
I feel supported from the very ground
and you're like rays of sun.

Wow, that was actually worse than usual. But seriously, I feel so supported every time I read comments from you all and I love reading what's going on in your lives. Stay lovely.

Now it's my turn to nominate, I want to know 10 things about:
Signature
*Broken*
nia
Wings to set me free
Leigh

Off you go my little butterflies.








3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading these!
    I like the view from your house.
    I think it's cool that you were a cheerleader, not cool that you broke your ankle, and even more not cool that you had a pink cast. (I hate pink!)
    My grandma and I have been experimenting with cookbooks lately. Last night was a little bit too experimental if you know what I mean. ;)
    I think it would be so cool to go to Spain. My Spanish teacher's assistant lived there for awhile. =)
    You have three sisters like me!! Since they are all younger, are they annoying?
    Cute cute CUTE dog.
    Poison oak sucks. I've never had it but I know it can be really uncomfortable.
    I like your poem. It made me smile. Keep writing them and maybe post some more. Share the joy! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for nominate me =)
    I always wanted to be a cheerleader!
    Where you studyin in Spain?
    I liked your poem, I think it´s really sweet!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw thanks for the nomination
    haha just like *broken* i always wanted to be a cheerleader but my parents would never let me because they were too scared id be a flyer and break something haha =P
    that dog is adorable. what would you name it?

    ReplyDelete