Monday, January 31, 2011

It's a great day to start again.

Hey angels. It was a big weekend for me, sorry I've been a little absent. 

Thanks to all of you who commented on my last post. I feel encouraged and ready to start anew. You're all quite wise. 

Quick weekend recap:
Thursday/Friday: Drove 7 hours up the coast to present my summer research at a conference. I feel really proud of this. I'm a published scientific author. Wow. I'm not old enough or smart enough for that. I stayed there Thursday night. 
View from the hotel room. Sweet.

Lunch on Friday. Angel hair pasta in a white wine sauce with asparagus, tomato, edamame, porcini mushrooms and spinach. Avocado on the side. I saved half for later.

Friday: Drove back down the coast to visit boyfriend. 

Saturday: Lovely lazy day. A few errands, lunch out with boyfriend. 
Boyfriend's: Turkey Burger
(Pretty sure this is the first time meat has ever appeared on this blog. No surprise I guess, since I mostly just show my food.)

Mine: Tempeh Burger

THEN, in the evening, we had a few friends over and did some wine tasting:
I found a new favorite wine, which was fun.

Unfortunately, I drank far too much wine and was ridiculously uncomfortable on Sunday. Definitely need to slow down next time. I was genuinely schnockered. But it was a very fun time. The worst part was that I was too affected Sunday to go for my run. :(

And now it's already Monday. A new week has begun. I have midterms next week. Oh my.

And in other news:
Weight: 123.4 - This is a problem, possibly the highest I've been in the past year, but I'm getting back on track. 

Workout: Yoga. 

Let's kick some ass this week lovelies.














5 comments:

  1. The weight gain was worth it. I always say if you're going to eat a lot, you better be eating delicious meals that you won't forget. Looks like you spent your calories wisely. And wine-tasting! How fun. (Although bloaty and kind of a drag the next day.)

    Good luck on mid-terms! I plan to take this week OUT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm at my highest, too. It sucks, but you're right, we'll get back on track! And my oh my. That view. That food. It all looks so incredible! Sounds like you had a good time! Good luck with mid-terms, I'm got a couple coming up, too!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. The food looked good, with the exception of the turkey burger. The pasta looked the best. =)
    Good luck on mid-terms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. food looks sooooo yummy :P
    haave fun with the yoga!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh the view from your hotel was absolutely stunning!
    and, as always, your food looks so nutritious and delicious.
    i'm so proud of you for doing this the healthy way x

    ReplyDelete