Monday, January 10, 2011

Today I learned...

1. All about glomerular, developmental and cystic kidney disease.
2. How to treat fungal infections.
3. Why the airway resistance increases in bronchitis and asthma.

But that was class; other things I learned:

4. I really don't like textured soy protein. I don't like the taste, and whoever "textured" it does not know how delicious things are textured, because that's not it. It will not deter me from my culinary adventures though, experiments aren't always flawless. Anyway, the point is that I made Cholent (a Jewish stew) from Veganomicon for dinner, and it's the first of the recipes that I really haven't loved. It's still good, and I'll enjoy my leftovers I'm sure (now that I've scooped all the textured soy protein out), but I just wouldn't make it again.

5. With no traffic, I can make it from here to my boyfriend's in 2.25 hours. 

6. Weekends = love. Regular week = :(
I had an awesome weekend with my boyfriend and friends. Here's a brief summary:
a. We went out to eat - Mexican friday night and Thai for saturday lunch. 
b. We saw Blue Valentine (I loved it, but I love heartbreaking movies. This is not a feel-good one, but it gave us lots to talk about.)
c. We cooked for a whole bunch of people at boyfriend's apartment - Spinach Linguine with Basil-Cilantro Pesto and Artichoke Hearts (from boyfriend #2 - Veganomicon). I would eat this for the rest of my life. I couldn't even believe how great it was. And I was so relieved, because sometimes feeding a vegan meal to a large crowd can go awry. 
d. We went out in the evening to celebrate our friend's birthday.
e. We went for a nice 5 mile run by the beach. This is the first time boyfriend and I have ever worked out together in 4 years of dating. He didn't break up with me after seeing my exercise face, so that's great.
f. We walked up and down the main street, browsed some stores. We looked at really expensive kitchen gadgets and dreamed about our kitchen together someday.
g. We went to the art museum, mostly because we happened to walk by and it's free on Sundays. Nice surprise.
h. We drank coffee. I love coffee.

Then it was back to real life (see 1-3, I'm learning lots). 

Weigh-in: I was back up to 121 this morning. I didn't binge, but I wasn't strict with my eating over the weekend either, so I'm not surprised.

Workout: 25 minute weight routine. 

I've missed you all, I can't wait to catch up on your posts and see how you've been. It's a crazy week for me, but keeping up with you all is one of my favorite breaks. 

Stay lovely.

3 comments:

  1. the pins are not there to hold them in the sockets unfortunatly they slipped to far out and if we had waited an extra week to see a doctor i would of been paralized!!! hehe and no no problem at the airport .. thankgod lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw i love the pic of u drinking coffee (assuming its you haha) your eyes are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete