Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Holy Delicious.

Happy Wednesday.

Weigh in: 121.2 pounds today, so we couldn't exactly say the weight is flying off. At least it's not gain.

Workouts: I've gone on awesome runs the past couple days (3 miles each day).

I feel highly motivated right now to just get myself back to happy/in shape, and I've been cooking the most delicious healthy stuff, so yay. And look what arrived today!
I think it sounds like a fun read, and it might help me stay motivated for more than weight loss, because it's mostly about treating your body well by not putting crap in it. And health is such a great motivator. Which brings me to...

Today's food:
7:15 am: Black tea with splash of soymilk and Cinnamon Oatmeal with a tsp of brown sugar (I make my own, the instant stuff has way too much sugar). 278 calories.

10 am: Chai tea with soymilk. 8 calories.

1 pm: Red Lentil Cauliflower Curry (from Veganomicon - I made it last night) with Trader Joe's Mango Ginger Chutney. I'm so happy with this dish. Awesome and healthy and satisfying. 420 calories. 

2:30 pm: Ghirardelli Chocolate Mocha (made with 1/2 serving of powder and 10 oz. unsweetened plain almond milk) 117 calories.

5 pm: An apple. 116 calories. (I buy big apples)

7:30 pm: Chickpea Noodle Soup (also from Veganomicon.) This one is ALSO awesome. It's seriously everything I liked about chicken noodle soup before becoming vegetarian (though I can barely remember those days) but grownup and more flavorful, with whole wheat pasta and spinach wilted in. I'm so glad I have like 4 more servings at least. This was kind of a lot (2 cups - I was super full) so I'll probably eat 1.5 cup servings in the future. Salad with olive oil and vinegar on the side. 350 calories soup. 50 calories salad. 

1337 calories. 20% fat, 67% carbs, 13% protein.

Now I'm going to curl up with my new book and wake up energized in the morning. I'm feeling like things are going to be okay. 

Stay lovely.





5 comments:

  1. well done seems like you had a great day! keep it up lovey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I´m glad you´re feeling ok =)
    Your food looks great!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. those meals look awesome, i'm so looking forward to getting veganomicon
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mm that soup looks delicious

    I've read Skinny Bitch (torrented because I'm bad lol), but I have to say I didn't like it too much - it's a bit too demeaning. And I'm not vegan so it didn't really help me at all lol. Hope you enjoy it though!

    I'm really glad you're feeling well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad to hear things are going well for you =) let me no how that book is going. only two more days until i finally get to see pretty little liars yay!! i will def blog after i see it letting you no what i think so we cant talk about it =)
    stay strong
    *yimp (you in my prayers)

    ReplyDelete