Monday, January 17, 2011

Weekends and Food.

The Good:
Every time a weekend starts, I get anxious about how much less predictable my food becomes. I had a great time though, kayaking, duck-feeding, walking, shopping, jogging, eating out, and just being with my friends. I felt like there was beauty in a lot of things this weekend.





Now the bad:
This weekend I actually did a pretty good job of picking healthy things, but I just had so much anxiety left over even after I got home, I went on a cereal binge last night. I don't know why I buy cereal when I know I binge on it, but I guess I just keep hoping I'll be able to keep it together. The criminal this time:
It was on sale at Target. Why is it so delicious? I literally ate 346 grams of it, I know because I weighed it. For context, that's about 11 servings. With vanilla soymilk. Oh my.
This one is usually so expensive, but it was on sale too, so I got a box, but haven't yet opened it. I'm planning to have it for breakfast this week. I hardly ever make it through a box without at least a little binge, so it'll be like a challenge. This box has 8 servings. Therefore, I want it to last me 8 breakfasts.

Now for today, Monday. 
Weigh-in: 121.2. I so hope it's just because of the binge.
Workout: 25 mins weights.
Food: (skipped breakfast, I was still feeling gross from last night).
Farro with Peanut Sweet Potato stew 395
Trail mix 140
Fiesta salad - black beans, corn, salsa, lettuce, cucumber 255

792 calories. Yes it's restriction, but I feel sick and anxious so I'm okay with it for just a day. 

I feel so completely depressed about school right now. I'm either panicking or sitting around staring into space and feeling nothing. I hope tomorrow's a better day.

You're all wonderful. Stay lovely this week.


6 comments:

  1. Your weekend sounded fun! I love feeding the ducks. =)
    Sorry about your binge. Cereal is one of my binge foods too. I have all the sugary kinds so it's bad. Thankfully though, I'm not living in the house with all the cereal. =)
    I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for fun! and dont worry about the bad stuff.
    stay strong hun
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm exactly the same way with cereal. And I still buy it! I try to get the "healthier" ones thinking ooo this is healthy, so I"ll just have it for breakfast like normal people. Epic fail--I usually end up eating the whole box the day I buy it. :/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry about the binge, I stopped buying cereals and muesli for the same reason, I always binged on them. And I also know about the panic and staring into space. I hope things will get better for you and the rest of the week will be beautiful just like the last weekend.

    Your blog is designed so beautifully, the colors and the pictures are amazing, it looks like made by a professional web designer. I will love coming back here :)

    love, n.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quaker cereals are my binge food too, I don´t really know why
    I´m glad you had fun, the pics you took are beautiful =)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahhh please tell me you saw the latest pretty little liars. the ending confused me soooo much!
    hope to see a new post from ya soon
    much love <3

    ReplyDelete