Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Unstoppable Food Monster

It's me. I'm the crazy wild eating creature. But I DID take a picture of absolutely everything, which did at least make me think about it a little. It didn't stop me from eating like a crazy person, but it is interesting (well, depressing) to actually see the evidence.

Before we get to the food, my shopping downtown went well. I found a lovely sweater for my boyfriend and it was nice to be out for the afternoon. I didn't even think about food during that time ... except when I tried on some clothes. I probably shouldn't have in this state, I'd like to block that from my memory. I just felt so gross.

And now:
A Day in Food

10 am: Oatmeal: 40 g oats, 4.5 ounces almond milk, 1/2 chopped banana


11 am: White chocolate mocha - 20 g Ghirardelli powder with 9.5 ounces original almond milk, heated over the stove. It makes me feel classier than the microwave.



1:30 pm: Leftover yellow Thai curry with 1 cup brown rice

5 pm: Although this is a picture of the whole fruit bowl, I just ate the apple.


6 pm: (With the family) Homemade guacamole (2 avocados worth) with my new favorite World Market chips (far far too many - this bag is now gone) and Amy's vegan black bean enchiladas. I love them.



7 pm: Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies. This was a new recipe that turned out awesome. My family loved them, I may post the recipe later. Unfortunately, I think I ate like 6 over the course of the evening. They were great with the baby glass of almond milk.


10 pm: Soy vanilla ice cream with Adam's natural crunchy peanut butter

10:30 pm: The final bites of the day, half a graham cracker. No idea why. I don't even like them that much.

And there we have it. 

I'm very full.

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve. I do hope I make some better choices. I would like to actually be hungry for Christmas dinner, instead of holding onto a binge hangover.

On a lighter note, Merry Christmas/Christmas Eve (depending on what side of the world you're from). You're all lovely and I hope this holiday brings you everything you've dreamed about. 


2 comments:

  1. ow i have the same problem of binging after 6 pm... just hate it >_<
    when it happens the best thing you can do is go outside and walk. it will cheer you up and make your stomach work on the food inside.
    anyway this is how i feel about it...

    and the almond milk sounds delicious, i never tasted it. i think i'll go for some sopping hunting for this milk :p

    stay strong for christmas ~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I ate was twice as bad as that. Nothing but chocolates and candy.

    It's a new day! Time to start over and keep at it. Good luck and Merry Christmas Eve. :)

    ReplyDelete