Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The end of the day.

For the past 4 days, the end of the day has meant a bad binge. Finals make me crazy. Instead, tonight I got back on track.

So to sum up the food today: 1038 calories.
8 am: Tea with a splash of almond milk (still full from last night's binge - normally I would eat breakfast)
12 pm: Lentil vegetable soup
4 pm: 1 carrot and 1 apple
8 pm: Trader Joe's Indian veggie burger (on Oroweat Soft Bread with lettuce and whole grain Dijon mustard)


And... 10 oz. of wine. Yes, exactly 10 oz. I weigh all my food. See how much is left in this bottle? Yeah...that's me coping with finals. I'm going to make it last at least 3 days though (today being the second), drinking isn't really one of my vices, I just sometimes like to class up my dinner. Well...not too much, that is Two Buck Chuck after all. :)
 

I've had three days of tests so far this week, and I have two to go. Medical school finals don't mess around, I've found. We have tests that combine all the subjects for the first three days, so basically you have to be prepared for 6-7 subjects at once, for three days in a row. Then with this round of tests we also have a couple "mock boards" which is the comprehensive test on a given subject covering the past two years worth of material.

So I finished the multi-subject tests today. They sucked. Tomorrow is neuroscience. Friday is behavioral science. I should probably be more stressed. Instead the thing that's made me most anxious in the past few days is the way I've been eating. I think I project a lot of my stress about the rest of my life into food. But there you go, we all have our thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment