Sunday, December 26, 2010

A Holiday Recap

I'm feeling motivated to move forward into 2011 and not look back too much, but that'll be in another post. For this one I just want to do a quick holiday recap.

Christmas Eve: I actually counted calories, which I've not been doing, and which I really MUST do or I binge. I ended up at 1800, and was pretty happy with it, because it's a huge step down. I think I've seriously averaged about 3000 most days this break.
My Christmas Eve dinner: Great Harvest muffin, hot chocolate almond milk, oranges (x3)

Doughnuts for the rest of the family. We do a picnic by the Christmas Tree.


Christmas Day: I took the day off from food pics, and the food guilt. It was enjoyed. I gained some weight assuredly. Moving on. I opened presents and got some sweet things
- A Road ID - for running, it has contact info, ID, blood type etc. engraved on it, in case I get run over or pass out or whatever. I asked for it a few months ago, and I'm really excited. Not that I plan to get hurt, I just think it's a good idea, and it looks legit. 

- Veganomicon and How it All Vegan (cookbooks - SO excited about this)
- Some gift cards and cash. 

Boxing Day AKA Dec 26: We had Christmas with the extended family. It was nice, I baked pumpkin muffins to contribute that people loved. I also binged on peanut butter oreos in the afternoon. They're the best oreo flavor, but so dang bad for me. Gosh. Anyway, it was nice to have the whole large family together. 

I helped put a pretty big dent in this spread. 

Now: This past week (actually like 2.5 weeks, starting with finals) has really just felt like one big long binge with a few days on track thrown in. I don't want to know what I weigh, but I guarantee I gained a fair amount of genuine weight. The biggest concern I have is actually how ambivalent I feel about it. I mean, I'm upset, one moment I feel like a crazy ugly fat binging monster, but then the next moment I'll be like, screw it, it's the holidays, there's plenty of time to be on track later. What if later never comes?

Well, no more waiting for later. Tomorrow I'll be posting very specific goals for the coming months and being back on track. I've made some plans, and I'm excited to share them.

Until then, a final Happy Holidays to you all.


No comments:

Post a Comment