Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The First Day

The first day trying to be back in a healthy mindset is proving to be both easier and harder than I thought.

I didn't eat until 1 pm for the simple reason that nothing felt safe or good. This was nice in that I didn't feel even a little like binging. I'm pretty indiscriminate about what I eat (as long as it's vegan) when I'm not thinking about being healthy, but normally when I'm on track I still get really anxious if I can't find something that feels "right." I didn't want cereal, or oatmeal, or bread or fruit or anything really.

A couple hours later I ate some Indian spiced potatoes, a whole wheat roll and an orange, but it wasn't really that good. Sometimes it's really hard for me to be happy about eating food when I want to be losing weight.

Otherwise today, I'm just enjoying some time with my family before I fly back to LA tomorrow, and knitting. I'm working on a sweater. It should be pretty I think.

The day continues, but I just kind of feel anxious not knowing what Mom will make for dinner. I want to be okay, not freaked out all the time.

3 comments:

  1. i'm the same way...if i don't know what's for dinner, I fret about it all day. You'll be home soon enough though. An the sun finally came back in LA:) PS. your sweater looks beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not knowing what for dinner is scary. It makes me anxious too. I always try to ask ahead for what I'm going to be having so I can be more prepared.
    Your sweater looks beautiful by the way. I wish I could knit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on not binging, and I hope you can get over the anxiety about not knowing what's for dinner - I know that's really tough

    The sweater's looking great! I've tried to learn to knit but I failed hard lol

    ReplyDelete