Monday, December 27, 2010

Fly me into the New Year.


It's starting. 
A new year of goals, inspiration, plans for joy.
It's never easy to make everything go right at the same time, but if some things are working for me, maybe those beyond my control will be more manageable.
This is me in Barcelona 2 years ago. I was heavier, yes, but happier too. At my lowest weight, when I looked lovely but a little scary, and didn't get my period, I was never this happy.
This year I want both fitness and joy, and I want to beat the disorder.

I made new pages for both food and exercise that pretty well outline my 2011 goals, so I would love to have you lovelies check them out and make suggestions.

The important points:
  • Continue to be vegan. Return to whole foods and keep trying new recipes.
  • No desserts (except on 6 planned holidays throughout the year.)
  • Eat about 1600 calories per day to start. Adjust as needed to continue weight loss/speed up loss if I get frustrated, but not to drop below 1200 per day.
  • Reach goal weight of 107.8 pounds by April 1, 2011. In time for...
  • Running my next half marathon on April 10, 2011. See the training plan in the exercise tab.
  • Other goals (not on the other pages) include making it through the rest of the second year of medical school, passing the first part of boards, and starting third year clinical rotations with some strength and confidence, even though I won't know everything.
And of course, I want to keep up with all of you and see you get everything you want this year.

Let's do it!


9 comments:

  1. making plans for the new year is so exciting!! and after some time also to see the results..and in the pic u look stunning....
    let's do it!!!!!!!!!


    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked over your plans and goals!
    They're really thought out and well planned. Well done, and you've definatley sent out positive energy out into the universe. :)

    Stay lovely xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I just wanted you to know that this is Sierra Maria. I've started a new blog. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're gorgeous!

    Good luck with your goals :) Those are awesome goals

    ReplyDelete
  5. good luck with your goals, it all sounds really positive :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love that your goals are healthy <3 def keep us updated =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. thats awesome your getting organised! i really need to do that too lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. it inspired me seeing your goals, i've read both of the pages and it sounds great.
    i agree with you on eating enough. may i ask how you do count calories? i'm always afraid that there's no way to count them 100% accurate so i just don't count...
    ow one more question, how frequently do you have each meal? i'm not sure which better- having 3 meals a day, eating every 3 hours or eating every 1.5 hours in very small amounts...

    ReplyDelete