Wednesday, December 15, 2010

How to cope with finals stress

OR ... how to gain 5 pounds in 4 days.

Today I weighed myself as usual, immediately after waking up and going to the bathroom, and before putting clothes on. I have this scale: Health Meter body fat/body water scale. If you're looking for one, I do love it - in the way that I'm capable of loving a scale. So, with a fiery hatred.

Anyway, on Friday I was 112.4. Today I am 117.6. Oh gracious.

It shouldn't surprise me. I've been eating like a crazy person. For example:
1. Yesterday at lunch time, after my test (which went rather awfully) I had 8 oz. of wine, and an entire bag of Trader Joe's granola with milk. That's 1680 calories of granola alone.
2. After dinner last night I had 2 slices of toast with peanut butter and jam, and then 6 sheets of graham crackers (yeah I'm a honey-eating vegan) with peanut butter and applesauce.
3. Two days ago I ate an entire half gallon container of soy ice cream - in a flavor I don't even like, Neopolitan, blech. Then that evening I ate 4 vegan pop tarts after dinner. That's over 900 calories of ice cream and 840 calories of toaster pastry.
4. Three days ago I ate most of a bag of Nutter Butter bites, and two of those toaster pastries. And a couple candy cane Joe-Joe's. After I ate multiple homemade vegan cream cheese brownies.
5. Four days ago I ate 7 homemade peanut butter cookies and like half a box of almond ginger granola.

As you can see, I haven't been coping well.

 I'm prepared to get back on track today. I'll be updating later.

No comments:

Post a Comment