Saturday, December 18, 2010

Again?

Thanks so much for your replies on my last post. I can't talk about this to anyone in my "real life" and I'm really feeling the encouragement so a thousand hugs to all of you.

Today I binged again, but a little less. (If you're not really that interested in the details, you can skip to the end at this point, I understand.)
- I skipped breakfast because I was totally full from binging so late last night.
- At lunch I had this delicious vegetable soup my mom makes and a piece of toast with Earth Balance.
- It started about 4 pm, right around snack time. I was just going to have a few nuts and an apple, a nice healthy snack, then I kept eating.
- Way too many nuts later (I finished them off), my family decided to have dinner, so I had a couple vegan corn dogs. I can't remember the last time I had one, and they were so delicious. I pause in this binge report to tell you, these are the best vegan corn dogs ever:
They're Heritage brand, and they use Linketts for the hot dog, which is what I grew up eating.
They tasted like great comfort food. I do not regret this part of the binge.
- Then from there I had some cereal with almond milk (when I say some, it's like 5 bowls at least), some lemon sorbet, an orange, like a quarter box of vanilla wafers with peanut butter, the end of a bag of potato chips (this was weird, I almost never eat salty things on a binge), 2 16-oz. bottles of grapefruit juice, and probably some other stuff.
- Sadly, the whole time I think all I really wanted was chocolate, but there's no vegan chocolate anywhere in the house.

The good news is that I'm feeling more able to just let it go. Tomorrow's a new day. I am extremely glad that I decided NOT to bring my scale home though, because I'm certain seeing the number right now would send me off the deep end.

I went to church today (I'm Seventh-Day Adventist, so we go on Saturdays) and saw some dear friends and listened to our excellent men's choir and just felt a lot more peaceful in my soul. It didn't stop the binge, but it is helping me let it go.

Tomorrow I'm hoping to get myself back on track with some grocery shopping with my mom, and hopefully some exercise. I think the endorphin high has been significantly lacking lately in my life. Also I plan to purchase some vegan chocolate. No more of this eating things that aren't really what I want. That's just crazypants.

4 comments:

  1. I too binged and then felt horrible afterwords. I agree, time to get back on track and buckle down! Good luck to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. go you (: im happy going to church helps you because its also something you enjoy right ?
    your lucky that you dont tend to binge on salty foods , thats what i do and its soooo bad :(
    stay strong and good luck!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh btw my puppy going good (: she a little rascle! haha im so excited for her to get old enough to go for walks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you're letting it go :) That's a big step. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete