Saturday, November 16, 2013

Goals Update

A while ago I made an ambitious list of goals that I felt like if I achieved would take a big step into my ideal life. This morning with my coffee I'm taking a review of how I'm doing.


It was this post: http://jamandjabberwock.blogspot.com/2013/10/goals.html

The point is I had a lot of good ideas and some have gone well and some have really not.

A. Food: probably the worst of the categories. I've been binging, not planning meals, eating tons of dessert. I'm just way off track. I did send cookies to my sisters though. And at the moment there are healthy vegan spinach artichoke calzones in the oven, so I have to recognize the good here. Still, I don't feel that great in this category and I think I'd really like to improve it.

B. Exercise: I've been to the gym a few times, and we went on a gnarly hike up a mountain today, but nothing like the consistency I'm aiming for. This one needs more work too.

C. Studying: I've done more than none, but not committed the daily time like I intended to. Geez as I go through these categories I feel like I haven't really made any strides.

D. Relationships: actually this ones good. I've been seeing people outside work more, doing fun things, and calling my family. I guess that's the most important things in life so maybe I'm not so far off. Spiritually I've been a little unfocused though.

E. Fun: I picked up my knitting, but I haven't done much reading. I've sort of done a good job posting here, which I do find fun. No new hobbies to report, I wish, but like I said I've been going out more. We joined a board game group through our church. And of course there's my darling dog, I have more fun playing with her all the time.

So it seems like I've been trying to enjoy my life. At the same time I do feel like I've been ignoring a couple key things that are making me not enjoy everything else as much as I'd like to. One is food - I don't want to go on a diet or anything, but I really haven't been eating to respect my body and I would like to do that. I also haven't been treating myself to exercise endorphins the way I'd like to. I want it to feel like a good thing, not a guilt thing. 

How do you balance your goals so they don't feel like guilt?




No comments:

Post a Comment