Sunday, December 1, 2013

December

It's upon us. December, the Christmas season. A new month.


I love this time of year. It might be my favorite. 


Today my man put lights on the outside of the house and we finished decorating the inside too.

Food wise not so good.

I ate popcorn, ice cream with peanut butter, a muffin and a couple sodas (in addition to healthy meals) that I wish I had not.

But I refuse to let it derail my fresh December start. It's a wonderful happy time of year and I'm determined this Christmas season to love my body and myself no matter how I feel about my size.

December Goals:

1. Respect myself and my body. On the one hand this means eating healthfully, being active at whatever level is appropriate to try to give myself endorphins/improve my fitness and at the same time acknowledge that I have a bad cold right now and my body doesn't need extra stress. At the same time it means being positive towards my body even if I eat something unhealthy or don't like the way my clothes look when I first glance in the mirror. Replacing those thoughts with loving ones.

2. Work at work. Keep home stress at home. I know that sounds a little weird, but it just mean that if I have downtime on a given day at work, I want to use it to learn/get work done. And while I make piles of lists to manage my life outside work, looking at them during work just adds to the stress and isn't necessary or helpful. If I keep my focus on one thing at a time, I think I can actually get done everything I want to faster. As a specific part of this goal, I want to never put off a task more than 24 hours.

3. Still study. That said, I still have to study. Even a little is better than nothing. I keep saying this but I need to do it.

4. Enjoy my people. I'm really wrapped up in how I look, how I feel, what I ate, did I get my work done, is anyone judging me, who was nice, who was mean, etc. and it's all so inwardly focused. I just want to let go the things that don't matter and enjoy those who are here around me during the holidays.

So happy December friends, what are your goals?








No comments:

Post a Comment