Saturday, December 14, 2013

To Feel Better


It's Christmas time and I really hate being sick. I think it's just a cold, and I don't know if I can make it better any faster, but I thought I'd list things to brainstorm how to feel better.

1. Meds: whatever seems to help. My options include: antipyretics, cough syrup, Sudafed, Benadryl, cough drops
2. Water and tea
3. Nasal irrigation with saline
4. Not very hungry, eating soup
5. Sleep as much as I can. It's so hard because I cough all the time.
6. Caffeine: this sounds weird but I'm currently addicted so I'll feel way worse if I don't get my coffee in
7. Vaseline for my poor raw nose
8. I should probably buy a humidifier

You know the worst part? I have to keep showing up for work, I don't get sick days. If I call in sick someone else gets called in to work and I have to cover a shift for them later. So in theory I'm not supposed to go if I have a fever, but I don't take my temp so even though I feel like it, so I just take meds and go to work.

Here's hoping I feel better before Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. My mum's always sworn by garlic for colds (we use like 4x as much garlic as recipes say, we really love our garlic). Also, I know that you mightn't feel hungry, but one of the best things you can do to feel better is to feed your body. Your body needs calories to heal itself. If you're eating inadequately, you mightn't recover as quickly.

    Also, vapor rubs are great for clearing congestion. In Aus it's made by a company called Vick's, but I'm sure there are equivalents. It's like Vaseline, but it smells like eucalyptus. You rub it on your chest and under you nose, and it really helps.

    Feel better soon! Get all the rest you can.
    xx

    ReplyDelete