Saturday, September 2, 2017

Am I Pregnant?


It's 100 degrees today outside. I'm inside though and it sort of feels nice.

I mentioned in my last catch-you-up post that I got super obsessed with trying to get pregnant in 2015 when we were trying. We were very blessed to have a healthy pregnancy within about 6 months (after a loss unfortunately).

So now it's been 2 years since I was last trying to conceive.

I was thinking about how I really wish I had a different personality when it comes to this kind of thing.

I sort of picture myself going about my life, so busy with interesting things but having great, spontaneous sex with my husband every so often and all of a sudden thinking "Oh wow my period is late," and taking a test and being surprised about being pregnant.

But that's really really opposite of my actual personality.

I'm actually super Type A and even though technically for the past 2 months we're "not trying not preventing" (NTNP) I'm still super aware of my cycle and when I'm fertile and how likely I am to get pregnant and how long I have to wait to know etc.

The first month not using any contraception I felt nervous and not ready for another pregnancy, but this month I found myself excited and hoping I'm pregnant.

It's only been a couple days since ovulation this month - so even if I'm going to be pregnant this month, I can't say I am yet. Implantation wouldn't even have happened yet.

And yet I'm doing all this symptom spotting and hoping. We'll know in 11 days I guess.

In the meantime, I'm having an extra drink because if I turn out to be pregnant it's another long 9 months of sobriety.

xoxo little birds

1 comment: