Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Tea Time with Schedule

All right birds I'm sitting down with some peppermint tea to think a little about what the disconnect is between ideal life and the life I'm living right now and come up with some thoughts.


I usually evaluate my life by category, but today I'm going to try something new and go through my daily schedule - compare what I'm doing to what else I could be doing that might be better.

6 AM
Real life: First alarm goes off but I turn it off and go back to sleep. Often feeling a little hungover.
Better life: Get up, work out with either lifting or running for 20-30 minutes.

7 AM
Real life: Get up, shower, start coffee and breakfast, ready by 7:45
Better life: Similar, but I'd already be up and it wouldn't be so rushed. I do listen to music and I like that so I wouldn't change that.

8 AM
Real life: Arrive at work
Better life: No there's really no difference here - I always arrive on time.

[At work until 5 PM - I work well, I can always have a better attitude but my work hours aren't a concern]

5 PM
Real life: Leave work and go home, sometimes stop at grocery store.
Better life: Well, similar I guess. I guess I'd like to be a little more focused and planned at the grocery store, both for my health and wallet.

6-10 PM 
Real life: Usually I'm watching TV and drinking.
Better life: Well the tough part about this is I don't like saying that's how I spend my evening, but what to do instead?
- Knit
- Read
- Spend 10 minutes doing yoga/stretching away the tension of the day
- Blog
- Take pictures
- Listen to music
- Pick 1 TV show to watch or YouTube for no more than 1 hour
- Read something educational or work on questions or modules
- Work projects: Research, quality improvement etc.
- Pay undivided attention to my husband
- Take my dog on a walk
- Clean the house or do laundry or other chores
- Cook dinner and eat slowly
- Drink tea
Go to bed by 9-10 PM. Don't take the iPad with me.

I think those are some good ideas.

We'll see how it goes.

xoxo little birds

2 comments:

  1. Hey lovely, welcome back :)
    I love your schedule. I always like to have a plan of attack for the day too. Good luck with everything <3

    xx

    ReplyDelete